Embark on a transformative journey as our captivating video series continues to unfold, guiding you through the intricacies of somatic therapy.
Video 1: Orienting
- Somatic psychotherapy help clients recognize their body’s ques.
- People do not get to pick what startles them. What startles/overwhelms one individual may not overwhelm another individual.
- Orientation is used in session to support nervous system processing -means grounding to time/space.
- When it gets too much in session, a client can orient themselves by opening their eyes and looking around the room.
Video 2: Introducing Somatics to clients
- It is a completely new language – language of the body.
- Instead of using just the head/mind (exploring cognitions), somatics is about exploring the body’s experiences/sensations.
- Trauma – anything too much, too soon and too fast. Somatic therapy explores how the body reacts to trauma.
- Everyone has patterns that show up in their bodies and somatic experiencing helps clients notice their patterns and defence responses – fight, flight or freeze.